Direct to product rotary digital printing involves the transfer of UV ink directly from inkjet print heads and can be used to produce both spot colour and full colour branding.
- Ideal for large or complex multi-colour or full colour prints.
- The print is dry and ready to ship as soon as the product is printed.
- Only one setup charge is required irrespective of the number of print colours.
- Any product colour can be printed with no loss of colour vibrancy.
- Production speed is limited so lead times can be longer in some cases.
- PMS colours are only approximate.
- Some colours cannot be reproduced including metallic silver and gold.
- The print cannot be joined so there will be a small space between where the print starts and ends.
- Rotary digital is more expensive than conventional branding.
- Artwork can be supplied in either vector or bitmap format.